Wikipedia

Search results

Saturday, August 7, 2021

無 For completion I dedicate to the Invisible World
Pictogram (象形). A man dancing with something long-held in both hands.
This character is borrowed for “have no”, and the character  is used for the original sense
無吾 ,悟
無吾為悟
to skip about, to dance for joy
Wú wú, wù 
wǔ to skip about, to dance for joy

THESE CAROLS.

THESE carols sung to cheer my passage through the world I see,
For completion I dedicate to the Invisible World.


JOY, SHIPMATE, JOY!

JOY, shipmate, joy!
(Pleas'd to my soul at death I cry,)
Our life is closed, our life begins,
The long, long anchorage we leave,
The ship is clear at last, she leaps!
She swiftly courses from the shore,
Joy, shipmate, joy.

THE UNTOLD WANT.

THE untold want by life and land ne'er granted,
Now voyager sail thou forth to seek and find.



PORTALS.

WHAT are those of the known but to ascend and enter the
Unknown?
And what are those of life but for Death?

― Portals, Songs of Parting, Walt Whitman (1819-1892)

Graphic, Mike Worrall  (B.1942)




No comments: